Did you know…
- There is only one Ronald McDonald House in the state of Maryland.
- We are an independent nonprofit organization.
- The community of Maryland, including generous individual and corporate donors, provides 100% of our 1.6 million dollar operating budget.
- We have been home to more than 30,000 families since our opening on June 28, 1982.
- Last year, families throughout the state of Maryland, 45 states and 22 countries sent their families to Maryland’s Ronald McDonald House.
- We are an extension of care for six world-renowned Baltimore hospitals: University of Maryland Medical Center; R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center; Johns Hopkins Hospital; The Rubin Institute at Sinai Hospital; Kennedy Krieger Institute and Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital.
- Each year, more than 1,000 families arrive at our doorstep in search of hope.
- Each night, 36 families share our Home. Last year 1,451 families came through our doors and we provided 13,560 night of love, compassion and comfort.
- We provide care for our families 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Our families donate up to $15 per night if they are able.
- Our staff consists of 6 full-time and 6 part-time employees.
- We embrace families from every corner of Maryland and the world.
- We reflect the Maryland community – the best of who we are and what we have. In our House, all people come together.